If you want your makeup to look its best, your skin has to look its best. It is absolutely impeccable to find a skincare regimen that works best for your skin. Often times when our skin is breaking out its an indication that something is going on inside our bodies. Try cutting out sodas, sugar and fried foods if that doesn't help seek professional help. Most think that all skincare woes can be solved with a visit to your local drugstore but that's not always the case, not all products are created equally and often time we require something a little stronger than CVS can provide. Every diva should have a fab dermatologist in her rolodex to answer any skincare questions we may have. Once you find out what the problem is, you can start building a regimen that will keep your skin flawless, seamless and fabulous.
But before you start searching for a dermatologist in your area, lets make some lifestyle changes!
- Drink AT LEAST 64oz of water a day. Water is the best kept beauty secret there is. It keeps the skin dewy and hydrated while filtering kidneys and breaking down fats and toxins.
- Exercise at least three times a week. Ever notice how bright and healthy your skin looks after a good workout? Well sweating cleanses the skins of buildup and reduces the size of pores. Exercising also increases blood flow to all vital organs including the skin leaving is supple and soft.
- We are what we eat! So lets swap out the saturated fats and processed foods for fruits, vegetables and essential fatty acids.
- Cleanse: This should be done twice a day to remove any product from the skin. Its also a good idea to exfoliate a couple times a week for a deep cleansing.
- Tone/Treat: This is the step most people skip. Most toners claim to tighten pores. This is also the time to treat your skin with any medications recommended by your dermatologist.
- Moisturize: No matter how oily your skin may be, moisturizing is very important. Some cleaners, toners and medications can leave the skin dry so its important to restore your skin's moisture. Moisturizers with SPF is great for protecting the skin from the sun and premature aging as well.