Sunday, May 23, 2010

Just Do It!


I like to think of myself as a pretty creative person. I have projects listed in my mind, created vision boards, filled binders with inspirational quotes and photos all waiting to come to fruition. I've researched, explored, taken classes, even reached out to people for help to make these things happen but as I look over notes/vision boards/journals that I compiled over the past few months I realized I have a ways to go.

The past year of my life has been a serious roller coaster. In August I was involved in a car accident that left me in the hospital for weeks with injuries that still bother me until this day and probably will for the rest of my life. I remember every detail of that day like it happened just a couple hours ago, from the moment I woke up to the moment it happened. I was slapped in the face with my own mortality and it left me feeling scared, alone and helpless beyond words. Exactly 24 days after that I closed on my first home. I was feeling high again and it felt so good. Soon after iKandy LLC went into business. I was finally pursuing my passion for makeup and I was on cloud nine. Then I lost the man who had influenced my life the most, my grandfather. Talk about a blow, it hurts bad, real bad. A couple weeks after that my beloved home was broken into, I never felt so violated in my whole 25 years of living. This chain of events left me feeling weak, confused and down right broken. I do a such a wonderful job of hiding my feelings that the people closet to me would never know. I mean you would have to REALLY know me.

So I said all of that to say, I'm no longer wasting time. Its time for me to revisit the notes, take another look at the vision boards and make it happen. I haven't been myself for a long time but I'm back and so much stronger than before. I'm going to document my projects on this blog. This will still be a beauty blog but just with a little extra flava. Hope you like!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Very inspiring and a great reminder to live life to the fullest ! Thanks for the reminder....ill be revisiting my own personal goals and look foward to experiancing some of yours through your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW - this post resonated with me. We all want to "make it happen" too but life always throws hurdles in the way. You have such a positive outlook & that makes a HUGE difference. Can't wait to see/read all you accomplish (on this blog)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a sweet little note! It makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails