Monday, April 04, 2011

Do You Embrace Shrinkage?

Photobucket
{This photo was taken a YEAR, 11/2009, after my BC, click here to see my hair growth journey}

They say that naturally curly/kinky hair shrinks between 20-80 percent, well I think mine shrink the entire 80 percent. I'm always shocked at my hair length after a workout or wash. But do I hate it? No. I actually think its quite fly if I can get it look the way I want every time I attempt a wash-n-go but that's another story.

Back when I was relaxed I was obsessed with length, mostly because I felt like I could never obtain the length I wanted. Since 'going natural' length is the far from my mind. I actually like that I can wear a TWA one day, a puff the next, a stretched twist out the following day and end the week straight.

A lot of people experience knotting and tangles when wearing their hair in a wash-n-go or shrunken fro, I don't have extremely dense hair but I do take a few precautionary steps.

~Do not wear this style for more than two days. {I wear my twist-outs or braid-outs for a week or more before washing again}
~Keep hair {super} moisturized.
~Keep fingers out of the hair. {I love touching my hair but I've noticed when wearing this particular style it causes more tangles}

How do you feel about shrinkage? Have you ever worn a shrunken fro? Did you have major tangles/damage afterward?

6 comments:

  1. I don't mind the shrinkage. I'm not length focused either, so that might be why. Plus, I love my hair texture and whatever it does, I work with it. When it doesn't look good, I figure out a way to grow it to the style I want (sometimes I just want a little more height) then I'm fine. I have found water to be my friend. I spray every day and adding a little oil while damp to keep it tangle-free and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't mind shrinkage. It is what it is. I know a lot of my natural friends do not like shrinkage and will do anything to make sure their hair hangs a certain way.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't love shrinkage...but I'm from Texas..we likes big hair. So I deal with it. Houston is humid so theoretically I need to embrace it.

    P.S....your eyebrows...phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your hair !
    Can you tell us about your colour ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a sweet little note! It makes my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails