We all know what a headache finding the right foundation can be. Choosing the wrong foundations can lead to break outs, ashy skin, two-toned skin... just a plethora of problems. Half the battle of choosing the right foundation is choosing the foundation that right for your skin type. We all know that foundations must match your tone, the perfect amount of coverage is important but the foundation should also be work well with your skin type to ensure a flawless finish.
Oily Skin~ Oily skin is caused by over-active glands, which produce a substance called Asebum, a naturally healthy skin lubricant. When the skin produces too much sebum, it becomes thick and heavy in texture. It is prone to blackheads. The oil oozes and gives the skin a greasy shine. The pores are enlarged and the skin has a coarse look.
- Pressed Powder Foundation: Pressed powder controls shine while leaving the skin with a matte finish.
- Oil-Free Liquid Foundation: An oil free liquid foundation is great for oily skin. It can also give you a dewy look while controlling oil.
- Mineral Makeup: Offers light-medium coverage while absorbing excess oil and hydrating the skin.
- Cream Foundation: Cream foundation's are great for drier skin-types because they tend to be more moisturizing and lends a dewy finish to the skin.
- Tinted Moisturizer: Tinted moisturizers offers a slight hint of color while hydrating the skin. This is perfect for achieving that "fresh faced, no-makeup" look.
- Tinted Moisturizer: Tinted moisturizers offers a slight hint of color while hydrating the skin.
- Mineral Foundation: Offers light-medium coverage while absorbing excess oil and hydrating the skin.
- Liquid Foundation: Offers light-medium coverage in a variety of finishes while evening out skin tone and hydrating the skin.
- Cream Foundation: Ideal for those uneven skin tones or if you're looking for heavier coverage.
- Cream-Powder Foundation: Best suited for heavy coverage, cream to powder foundation controls shine in the T-zone and leaves your skin fresh and flawless.
- Liquid-Powder Foundation: This type of makeup is ideal for those looking for light-medium coverage.
- If you have sensitive/acne prone skin, it's best to reach for foundations with moisturizing ingredients, oil-free, paraben and fragrance free, as well as allergy tested.
- Visit a dermatologist to find a path for healthier skin.